Manager, Youth and Family Programs
Date Posted: August 24, 2023
Location: Salmon Arm, BC
Competition Number: 86-23/24
The Manager will provide leadership, strategy, and expertise to the organization. The position will oversee the day-to-day operations of multiple programs within Aspiral Youth Partners Association.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Pursues, researches, and implements best practices and current thinking for each program.
· Acts as an internal and external champion for the programs and services within Aspiral.
- Involved in strategic planning, leadership development and the strategic and financial health of the organization.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of all programs at Aspiral.
- Ensures Agency Policies and Procedures, Program Operating Standards, WCB standards, Risk Management requirements and general safety standards are always met and followed by all staff.
- Writes internal reports regarding area of responsibility.
- Responsible for ensuring the facility meets program needs, is maintained, safe and engaging.
Community Partnerships, Program Development and Funding
· Develops an understanding of community needs and participates in community initiatives.
- Develops relationships with key community stakeholders and work with them to develop, enhance and expand services.
- Develops and evaluates programs, compares current practice with best practice, and works with staff implement changes as necessary.
- Works with staff to ensure that programs are responsive to individual needs.
- Develops partnerships and relationships with key community stakeholders and maintains an effective working relationship with them. Works with stakeholders to develop and implement programs that are based on community need and consistent with core programming areas.
- Develops and prepares proposals for funding and grant applications. Determines program, financial, and operational requirements for new and existing programs.
- Represents or ensures Organizational representation at meetings, committees, and any organizations which influence program development and implementation.
- Involved in writing grants and funding proposals to support program delivery.
- Completes operational reporting to measure progress in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for mentoring/coaching, leading, directing, empowering and create a positive culture with staff.
- Provides leadership to all staff and directly supervises staff in programs, including hiring, selection, orientation, coaching, supervision, and discipline.
- Identify training and professional development needs for staff that directly impact program quality. Creates and facilitates training sessions.
- Responsible to ensure all programs are adequately staffed.
Financial Management Oversight
- Provides support and leadership to staff to help develop budgets.
- Involved in the preparation and development of the Organizations budget.
- Determines program resources and budgetary needs for new program initiatives and existing programs.
- Ensures budget compliance within approved budget guidelines and makes recommendations as necessary.
- Reviews financial statements and provides support to staff if adjustments are needed.
- Collects data and makes presentations to ensure accountability to funders.
- Maintains a current awareness of developments in assigned areas of responsibility. Complies with all contracted expectations including outputs, outcomes, administrative reporting requirements and SharePoint.
- Responsible for delivery of programs as needed in order to ensure contract requirements are met.
- Degree/diploma in a related human/social service field and/or experience working in partnership with community agencies and local governments in meeting the needs of children, youth and families
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint
Hours: 30 hours per week
Rate of Pay: Competitive Wage
Closing Date: September 4, 2023
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].