Job Posting for Youth Outreach Worker – expires Feb 09/2018
Aspiral Youth Partners is a Charitable organization located in Salmon Arm British Columbia and serving the Shuswap area. Although the official term for our registration is “Not for Profit”, it only speaks to what we are not. We exist for the benefit of the community.
We work hard to generate revenue through some of our activities which we can then invest in our work with youth and community. It gets a bit confusing at times but with a combination of contracts with various governments, grants and donations (see that big button on the right? You can make a donation right there.) along with our social enterprize work we are able to ensure the work we do fits the needs of our community.
Our work is in two areas;
- Operating a Community Centre.
- The SASCU Downtown Activity Centre, 451 Shuswap St. SW Salmon Arm provides space for a host of community groups, individuals and organizations to meet and host programs and activities
- Social Programs for Youth.
- We provide resources and supports to youth and families funded through the Ministry of Children and Family Development.
- We also offer youth programs and programs we have developed including the “Outer Limits Youth Programs” and our summer program, “Party in the Park”
- We host and support Jumpstart and Kidsport to connect more kids with activities through subsidizing registrations and some activity costs where this is a barrier to becoming involved in activities.
- Building skills toward employability
- We currently have a youth skills link program(Talon) which provides a combination of life skills and work experience for young people aged 15 to 30.
- Job Creation Projects
- we are currently host a second project to restore a fleet of Wooden Dragon Boats Check it out at our facebook page
We are here to connect resources and supports for young people in our community. All young people struggle as they grow, some more than others. Some face some very difficult realities. Our work focuses both on supporting young people to be able to engage in successful ways within the community and to work with the community to better support and engage with young people.
For those who need a little bit of inspiration check out this Ted Talks – Kid President